Spring break is infamous for parties, beaches, and taking a much-needed break from school. While planning the fun time is easy, remembering the not-so-fun essentials can be difficult. Here’s the top must-haves for a fun, safe, and memorable spring break.
- Beach towel
- Bottles of water
- Passport, driver’s license and other documentation
Tips for a Better Spring Break
- Check the rules and laws for the beach you’re going to.
- Remember to bring cash. Many beaches accept only cash fees, so your credit card might not cut it.
- Check in on classes. While it’s a particularly cruel time to assign homework, some professors will. Make sure you haven’t missed a deadline over the holiday.
- Always keep a digital copy of tickets, hotel receipts, concert tickets and other documents with you in case your luggage is lost.
- Protect your personal information on social media. Posting that you’re out of town is an invitation to burglars. Be safe with what you post and share online.
- Stay with your group. Wandering off by yourself in any strange city is potentially dangerous. Create a buddy system to stay safe.
What are your best tips for staying safe and having fun over spring break?