Hiking has become a popular activity for exercise and connecting with nature. Instead of going to a crowded gym, change your scenery. Hiking or walking a nature trail is a good way to relax your mind and work your muscles. The beautiful views and adorable animals will leave you in awe. You can go alone to connect with nature, or take that special person to have a romantic stroll.
Hiking is a powerful cardio workout that can:
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Boost bone density, since walking is a weight-bearing exercise
- Build leg and core strength
Our beautiful city of Buffalo and its surrounding areas have various places to choose from. Check out these local trails around Buffalo that are perfect for hiking:
- Chestnut Ridge Park in Orchard Park — especially the Eternal Flame Falls trail
- The Niagara Glen Trail in Niagara Falls
- Hunter’s Creek Park in Wales
- Lower and Upper Akron Falls in Akron
Hiking is a great, relaxing activity, and anyone can do it. From a steep hill to the level plains, you can choose your landscape to enjoy. Even if you aren’t looking for an extremely challenging hike, you can still enjoy the outdoors. All that matters is that you have fun!